Today my yoga practice was longer and more strenuous than usual. One of my dearest friends is nearing the end of her yoga teacher training, and asked me for feedback on a class she had written. I was happy to oblige, and set out to see what I could provide.
Here are some things I learned:
- My hips and hamstrings are definitely tight.
- Standing splits are not in my near future.
- My balance is way out of whack and needs some work.
- Malasana (deep squat) is actually a resting pose.
- I still hate happy baby pose.
The good news is that I helped out a friend, pushed myself more than I usually do, and learned I am capable of more than I thought.
Shhh, that last part is top secret. 🙂